A dessert that brings the spook factor and the flavor?! Say no more!
With Halloween just a few short weeks away we're bringing out all the stops to make this, the most flavorful, fun day yet!
From treats to drinks, your kitchen will be decorated in head to toe (or ceiling to floor?) spooky.
First up on the list: Witches Brew Cupcakes.
These cupcakes are such a fun treat to make, and despite their decorations, are incredibly easy to make.
The best part? They taste like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Drooling!
The mint chocolate chip ice cream flavor comes from none other than our Amoretti® Mint Chocolate Chip Compound. It's literally mint chocolate chip ice cream in a bottle. It does not get better than this!
Oh wait, it actually does!
The mint chocolate chip flavor is used in the frosting for that extra creamy vibe, and also for a hint of green. We're talking frosting that tastes like ice cream!
If you're wondering what we used in the base of our chocolate cupcake, it's none other than our trusty Amoretti® Natural Vanilla Bean Artisan Flavor.
You need vanilla for your cookies? cakes? ice cream? This is your new best friend.
It's everything you could want in a vanilla and more: sweet, packed with flavor, and has real vanilla beans! Literal perfection!
No need for any other vanilla's once you try this one out. It will change your tastebuds, and enhance your creations in the best way possible!
Now let's get to the fun stuff, making these witchy cupcakes!
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups 1-to-1 gluten-free flour blend
¾ special dark cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 almond milk
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons
- ¾ cup boiling water (for activating the cocoa)
- 2 teaspoons Amoretti® Natural Vanilla Bean Artisan Flavor
For the Frosting:
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 12-serving cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until smooth.
- Add eggs, milk, oil, and Amoretti® Natural Vanilla Bean Artisan Flavor to a stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed for two minutes.
- Stir in boiling water.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin pan. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and set aside to cool completely.
For the frosting:
- In your stand mixer, fit with the paddle attachment (hand mixer will work just as well) add the softened butter and beat for 1-3 minutes on a high speed.
- To get the perfect frosting, add in the powdered sugar in two rounds. Incorporate 1½ cups of powdered sugar and mix on medium speed.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Combine the rest of the powdered sugar, another 1½ cups to be extact, along with 1 tbsp of almond milk, 1 tbsp of the Amoretti® Mint Chocolate Chip Compound , and 3-4 drops of green food color. Mix on high until incorporated.
- Add into a piping bag and cut a large circle across the point of the bag (no tip needed).
- Pipe the frosting on top of each cooled cupcake. No need to do anything fancy, simply squeeze the frosting out of the bag and let it pile on top of the cupcake. You'll want a decent amount of frosting on each cupcake so that the sprinkles can be slightly covered.
- Once you've frosted each cupcake, add your gumballs and round green sprinkles on top to get that witches brew effect!
- The decoration placement is entirely up to you, but if you're looking for guidance, be sure to check out the video above for further instruction!