Our biscotti recipe is a taste of Italy with a California twist of wild strawberry champagne flavor, try them!
Makes 30-40 cookies, depending on size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter, sugar, salt, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, Wild Strawberry Champagne Compound, and baking powder until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs until smooth.
- Add the flour then fold in nuts and cranberries; stirring until disbursed evenly.
- Divide dough in half and place parchment paper. Shape into two 9½" x 2" logs about ¾" tall. Straighten the logs and smooth their tops and sides with a wet spatula or hands (wet to prevent dough from sticking).
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool slightly.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
- Cool biscotti for 5 minutes, until cool enough to handle, then use a sharp chef's knife or serrated knife to cut the log crosswise into ½" thick slices.
- Set the biscotti on edge on the prepared baking sheet. Return the biscotti to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until they feel very dry and are beginning to turn golden.
- Remove the biscotti from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature; they'll stay fresh for weeks!