This classic candy is almost as much fun to make as it is to eat. Now, pulling taffy will be your arm workout for the day, but once you get your first hint of the Amoretti Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon Extract aroma you'll realize the arm training was worth it
- Butter a baking pan thoroughly.
- Add corn starch, sugar and corn syrup to a sauce pan and whisk until combined.
- Turn heat to medium and cook until boiling, stirring periodically.
- Add in butter and salt and bring to a boil. Let boil until it reaches "hard ball stage" (254 F)
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture out on your prepared sheet pan and let cool slightly.
- Once taffy is cool to the touch pour sprinkles over the top and gently work them in. (you can lightly grease your hands with butter or oil to prevent sticking)
- Pick up the taffy and begin to start pulling it (stretch out and far as possible)
- Fold the taffy back together and begin to pull again but this time twist the taffy first.
- Repeat the pulling, folding and twisting until taffy is firm.
- Stretch into a rope and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Wrap in parchment paper, candy wrappers or wax paper.