Fresh tuna poke served in a savory waffle cone! What could be more fun for April Fool's Day? Makes about 1 cup poke.
IngredientsGINGER SOY MARINADE
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Amoretti® Organic Blue Agave Nectar Clear
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Ginger Compound
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- ½ cup diced ahi or yellowtail tuna
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 tbsp edamame
- 1½ tsp sriracha
- ½ green onion, green part only, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp finely diced Preserved Lemon rind
- 2 tbsp arugula
- 2 tbsp Ginger Soy Marinade
- generous sprinkle furikake (see TIPS)
DirectionsGINGER SOY MARINADE
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss well.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Delicious on its own or serve with pita chips or wonton crisps.
- While our Ginger Soy Marinade was primarily developed as a marinade for fish and certain vegetables, it is a great base for our Tuna Poke and makes an awesome salad dressing as well.
- Furikake is a mixture of pulverized seaweed and whole sesame seeds. If you are unable to find it in the international section of your grocery store, sesame seeds will do the trick.