A fresh and healthy frozen treat, perfect for summer days! Our Tart Apple Artisan is the key ingredient for this unique sorbet.
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 tbsp Amoretti® Tart Apple Artisan
- ¼ honeydew melon, diced (about 2 cups)
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves, diced
- sorbet or ice cream maker
- large sieve
- Freeze sorbet container overnight.
- Core and slice apples.
- Poach slices over medium heat with lemon juice, sugar and apple juice until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Purée apples and their liquid in a food processor.
- Strain to remove skins and stir in Sour Apple Artisan.
- Chill mix at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Combine diced melon and mint in a lare bowl, mix well. Cover and chill for one hour.
- Pour sorbet mix into ice cream maker and mix until frozen.
- Spoon melon/mint mixture into glass bowl or martini glass.
- Place scoop of sorbet on top.
- Top with mint leaf.