Cake pops are trending, whatever be the season! Make some super cute Unicorn themed Cake pops in the best Summer flavors with some Amoretti® love!
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake crumbs and buttercream along with the Natural Coconut Cream Artisan flavor.
- Keep kneading the dough until you can make cake balls that doesn't crack and has a smooth finish when you roll it between your palms.
- Use a measuring spoon or small cookie scoop to portion the dough in to equal sized balls. Place these balls in containers that have a rounded bottom (like a rounded ice cube tray, dessert mold etc. or plastic spoons).
- Melt one cup of white chocolate and mix in the lime zest oil extract (Oil soluble). You can color or flavor the chocolate with oil based colors/flavorings of choice.
- Dip the cake pop sticks in melted chocolate and insert them to reach halfway into each cake pop.
- Freeze the cake pops for 10 minutes and take it out. It shouldn't be too cold or else the coating will crack and if it is not cold enough the cake balls will fall right off the stick when you dip it in chocolate.
- Once out of the freezer, dip them in chocolate.
- Insert sprinkles or nuts or marshmallows shaped like ears into either side on top of the cake pop (as shown in the video).
- Let the chocolate set. You can also keep it in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Dip the cake pop in melted chocolate again to coat the ears. Freeze for 5 minutes more.
- Use pastel sprinkle jimmies to make the hair of the unicorn.
- Take some melted dark chocolate in a small piping bag and draw on winking eye lashes for the unicorns (as shown in video).
- Stick a fondant unicorn horn at the top of the head with melted chocolate.
- Dust some edible luster dust mixed with food color for the blush on it's cheek (optional).
- These stay good at room temperature for 3-4 days or refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!