So, you need appetizers to serve or bring to your friend's holiday party. If you love pancetta and mushrooms, then these bite-sized morsels are just what you’re looking for! They’re savory and juicy yet light enough that you won’t feel bad if you eat the whole platter.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Using a soft brush or a paper towel, clean the mushrooms.
- Remove and finely dice the stems, set aside.
- Sauté pancetta until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Remove most of the grease from the pan with a paper towel, leaving some to sauté the other ingredients.
- Sauté diced shallot and mushroom stems until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan and sauté the mushrooms.
- Season with Worcestershire sauce and cinnamon.
- Sauté for 3 minutes, then turn the mushrooms over and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan.
- In bowl combine the panko, onion mushroom stem mix, diced sundried tomatoes, pancetta, parsley, Rosemary Oil Extract, Thyme Extract, and Oregano Oil Extract.
- Place the mushrooms on a sheet pan or in a casserole dish, bottom side up.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushrooms and bake 15 minutes.
- Optionally, sprinkle grated parmesan over the top prior to baking.
- In the video, we sautéed 12 mushrooms at a time. If you are sautéing another batch, add another one-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon and another teaspoon of Worcestershire with the second batch.