Need a beautiful, well-crafted dessert to impress your guests? Try our Strawberry Swirl Tart! Not only does it look amazing, it tastes delicious!
- 2½ cup all purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cold and cubed
- ¼ cup ice water
- tart pan with removable bottom
- Grease tart pan and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add butter and mix until pea-sized crumbles form.
- Add ice water and mix until dough comes together.
- Wrap and chill for one hour.
- Roll dough to a 12” circle.
- Transfer dough to greased tart pan.
- Press dough into the tart shell and dock the bottom with a fork.
- Freeze tart shell for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake tart shell for 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Whip cream cheese until smooth.
- Add Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and mix.
- Add sugar and mix to combine, about 3 minutes.
- Use an off-set spatula to spread cream cheese filling over the bottom of the tart shell.
- Working from the outside, going towards the center, drizzle Strawberry Swirl over the filling. Save a little for the top.
- Drag a knife through the lines of swirl towards the center.
- Slice off the tops of the strawberries. (You might not wind up using all of them.) With the pointed end facing up, slice the berries thinly and lay them around the top of the filling, using larger ones around the outside and decreasing the size as you work towards the center.
- Drizzle the rest of the Strawberry Swirl over the strawberries.
- Mix the water and Crystal Clear Glaze. Microwave for 10 seconds.
- Brush the top of the tart with the glaze.
- Chill tart for 30 minutes before serving.
- Remove tart from tart pan: Use an off-set spatula, remove the tart pan bottom, and place on plate for serving.
- Keep tart shell in pan until just before serving, to keep it from breaking.
- To order Amoretti® Crystal Clear Neutral Glaze please call us at: (805) 983-2903.