If you're looking for a simple dessert that'll dazzle the eyes and the taste buds, why not try a sweet, delicate strawberry shortcake? The light, fluffy shortcake is boosted to a whole new flavor level when you add the juicy strawberries and sweet whipped cream. Don't let the gorgeous presentation fool you, it's easy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1½ cups cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for egg wash
- 2 tbsp raw sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to the mixer.
- Add cream and mix until a dough forms
- Roll out the dough.
- Using a cookie cutter or biscuit cutter, cut out circles.
- Place on a parchment- or Silpat-lined sheet pan.
- Chill for 20 minutes or freeze for 10 minutes.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly browned and let cool.
- Combine strawberries, sugar, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, and Wild Strawberry Swirl.
- Cover with plastic and chill for 30-60 minutes.
- Whip cream, sugar, and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla to medium peaks.
- Slice cooled shortcakes in half.
- Place one half on a plate, top with strawberries.
- Add whipped cream on top of berries and place the other half of the shortcake on top.
- Garnish with additional strawberries and whipped cream.