Welcome spring with a strawberry filled cake, perfect for a special weekend brunch!
- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla W.S. 2X
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Lemon Extract W.S.
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp Amoretti® Cookies & Cream "Stracciatella" Extract W.S.
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries OR 1½ cups sliced thawed strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" cake pan and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and ¾ cup sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Scrape mixer and add Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, Lemon Extract, and Cookies & Cream Extract. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Add half dry ingredients, then the sour cream. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Spread batter in the greased pan and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp sugar.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.