Wontons are no longer just for savory dishes! We took this crispy wrapper to the sweet side with a smooth wild strawberry mascarpone filling and touch of herbal basil.
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 c. whipped cream (homemade or can)
- 4 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 4-6 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 8.5 g. Amoretti® Natural Wild Strawberry Artisan
- 5-8 large strawberries
- 5-8 basil leaves chopped
- In a sauce pan bring balsamic vinegar to a boil.
- boil for 7-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a cupcake pan.
- Lightly brush both sides of wraps with olive oil.
- Place wraps in cupcake pan and press down to form a "cup" like shape.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl pour in the feta, mascarpone, powdered sugar and Artisan.
- Using a handheld blender, combine until smooth.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp. of cheese mixture into wonton shell.
- Spread lightly to cover the bottom.
- Add some fresh strawberry.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.