These fun colored meringues are great for a baby shower, brunch, tea or even just to brighten a Monday. If you want to substitute another flavor for the Natural Rose Extract it can be done, but avoid using an oil soluble extract, as it will keep the meringue from whipping properly.
- lollipop sticks
- parchment-lined sheet pan
- large pastry bag fitted with an open star tip
- Preheat the oven to 200℉.
- Whip the egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until they form a stiff peak.
- Slowly rain in the sugar and continue to whip for 5 minutes.
- Add Natural Rose Oil Extract and continue to whip for another couple of minutes.
- Check the consistency of the meringue by rubbing a small amount between your fingers. If it is gritty, whip it for another 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay out lollipop sticks onto a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Paint desired colors inside a pastry bag fitted with an open star tip.
- Fill the pastry bag with meringue.
- Pipe a rosette over the top of each stick and dust with sprinkles.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the meringues lift easily off the parchment paper.
© 2019 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved