Do you need a quick snack idea? What about the perfect finger food for your next get-together? (Ahem, Super Bowl LII, anyone?) No matter what you need, these meatballs are easy to make and so delicious they’ll disappear in an instant!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup minced onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Gently combine all ingredients for the meatballs.
- Roll the mixture out with your hands or use an ice cream scoop to make small balls.
- Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes until browned.
- In a large saucepan, whisk together all ingredients for the sauce.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring, until sauce is smooth.
- Place a layer of baked meatballs in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Pour some sauce over the layer of meatballs.
- Continue layering remaining meatballs and sauce.
- Gently stir together.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or on medium for 1 hour, stirring intermittently.
- Use gloves when rolling the meatballs, they are sticky!
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment for easy clean-up and to prevent sticking.
- If you want meatballs sooner, increase heat to medium and cook for only one hour.