This Cinco de Mayo, we decided to celebrate with fresh ceviche! A simple mix of red onions, tomatoes, cilantro, citrus juice, and fresh fish; ceviche is not only easy but refreshingly delicious. We used some fresh local fish and, for a bit of spice, some hot Habanero Extract! Everyone at Amoretti HQ loved it and it’s great for summer parties!
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Natural Habanero Hot Pepper Extract O.S.
- 1½ cups lemon juice
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb flounder (or your choice of fish), chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large bowl, stir together Habanero Extract and lemon juice.
- Add red onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and fish to bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1½ to 2 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- The fish should be opaque and slightly firm after refrigerating.
- Preferably you’d finish this dish up with your friends very quickly after making it, but sometimes leftovers can’t be helped. Make sure you finish your ceviche within 48 hours of making it!