This simple and quick dessert is a favorite in Italy. Try our take on Zabaglione for dessert after your next pasta night!
- 1 pear, peeled and sliced
- chocolate, finely grated
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, and Marsala in a heat-proof bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place the bowl over a pot of gently simmering water. Whisking constantly, cook the mixture until it coats the back of a spoon, or reaches 180°F.
- Remove from heat and place the bowl in an ice bath, whisking occasionally to speed cooling.
- Once cool, gently fold in the whipped cream and Pumpkin Spice Syrup.
- Fill small glasses with zabaglione and top with pears and sprinkle with grated chocolate to garnish.
- Zabaglione could also be topped with citrus segments, berries, or any fruit of choice.