Add a touch of warm spice to this staple recipe! Amoretti® Natural Spice Extract added the perfect touch of cozy nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, ginger and subtle pepper to this irresistible banana bread.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sift all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a food processor, purée bananas.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl after mixing each one.
- Add bananas to butter/sugar mixture, scraping bowl after mixing.
- Add Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and Spice Extract.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into 2 sprayed and floured loaf pans.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting or wrapping and chilling.
- The bread can be kept wrapped and chilled for 5 days or frozen for up to 4 weeks.