Brunch just got a bit more exciting and delicious with these Southwestern Chimichangas, everyone will be impressed!
- deep fryer or deep fry thermometer
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions, jalapeños, and diced potatoes over medium heat until the onions are translucent and the potatoes are browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 45 to 60 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the carnitas to the skillet and sauté until heated through.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, Cumin and Oregano Extracts, salt and pepper together until combined.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the egg mixture and continue to sauté for 2-4 minutes, depending on the desired firmness of the eggs.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave until soft and pliable.
- Put approximately ⅓ cup of the carnitas and egg mixture down the center of a tortilla, add 1 tbsp Salsa Picante, tightly roll up the tortilla, folding in the sides, and secure the end with a toothpick.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Fill a deep fryer or a large pot with canola oil and heat it to 350°F.
- Fry the chimichangas, turning them as necessary until they are golden on all sides. Do not crowd the fryer.
- Transfer the chimichangas to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Repeat until all the chimichangas have been fried.
- Remove the toothpick and place a chimichanga in the center of a plate.
- Pour Hatch Chile Salsa around the outside of each chimichanga.
- Scatter some black beans around each chimichanga, decorate everything with a thin ribbon of Crema de Pimiento Rojo, and garnish each chimichanga with a small amount of Salsa Picante and fresh chopped cilantro.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved