Labor Day is the perfect excuse to have everyone over for a seafood feast! These recipes are simple enough you could make them all, or just choose the accompaniment for your favorite sea creature. Add a loaf of crusty sourdough, a chilled bottle of white, and you've got yourself a party!
Our Lemon Garlic Compound Butter is ideal for dipping crab legs or brush it on bread before grilling. Makes about 1 cup.
- some crab legs
DirectionsLEMON GARLIC COMPOUND BUTTER
- Combine ingredients.
- Let sit for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with crab legs.
We love a classic mignonette on fresh, briny oysters but sometimes we like to mix it up with this apple fennel version! Makes about ½ cup, enough for 2-3 dozen oysters.
- 2-3 dozen oysters, depending on size
- ½ cup champagne vinegar
- 5 tbsp green apple, finely diced
- 2 tbsp fennel, minced
- 2 tbsp shallot, finely diced
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Coriander Extract W.S.
- salt and pepper, to taste
DirectionsAPPLE FENNEL MIGNONETTE
- Combine ingredients, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Let it sit for at least 20 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.
- Spoon a small amount on to each oyster before eating.
You remember this spicy cocktail sauce from our Drunken Shrimp Cocktail, right? Here it returns to it's roots as the ideal dipper for poached shrimp. Makes about 1 cup.
- 1 lb shrimp, poached
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tbsp vodka
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp horseradish
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Louisiana Hot Sauce Extract W.S.
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Natural Bloody Mary Seasoning Extract Powder W.S.
- salt and pepper to taste
DirectionsBLOODY MARY COCKTAIL SAUCE
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let sauce thicken and flavors meld.
- Serve with poached shrimp.