Red Velvet Batter
- ¾ Cup or 170 gm Unsalted Butter
- ¾ Cup or 150 gm Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup or 110 gm Granulated white sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Amoretti® Red Velvet Artisan
- 1 Tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¾ Cup All-purpose Flour 200 gm
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Cream cheese Batter
- 8 ounce or 227gm cream cheese (room temperature)
- 22 gm or 1 ½ Tbsp Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup or 75 gm Granulated White sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp 1 Tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease, line with parchment and keep aside an 8 x 8 inch or 9x 13-inch baking tray.
- In a big bowl, melt the butter by microwaving it. Whisk in the Light brown sugar and white granulated sugar.
- Add the eggs and give it another mix.
- Drop in the Amoretti® Red Velvet Artisan and Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract. Whisk the batter again.
- Mix the salt into the flour and then gently fold it in with the batter. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, using a hand mixer, whip the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in the butter and mix again until fully incorporated.
- Add the sugar and continue mixing until light and creamy.
- Add in the egg and mix it all again.
- Drop in the Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract and give a final mix.
- Into the prepped baking tray, add two thirds of the red velvet batter.
- Dollop in the cream cheese batter here and there on top of the red velvet batter, until evenly distributed.
- Scoop in the reserved one third of the Red Velvet batter in between the cream cheese dollops.
- Use a skewer to make swirls in the batter to make a pretty pattern and evenly distribute the batters.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out without any red velvet crumbs on it!
- Cool it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight before you cut into squares or bars. Enjoy with a drizzle of dark chocolate syrup!