Give a classic an Amoretti® makeover! Here is an easy recipe to make Raspberry studded scones flavored with our Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon (2X) Extract and a tangy, citrusy glaze flavored with our Lemon Extract.
- In a big bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
- Drop in cubed cold butter and cut it into the flour mix using a pastry cutter or fork. Keep repeating, until you have a fine sand like consistency. Keep aside.
- In a measuring glass or bowl, crack in an egg and whisk it well.
- Pour the buttermilk into the egg and whisk to combine.
- Add the Vanilla Extract into the buttermilk mix and stir.
- Drop in the buttermilk mix into the flour mix and roughly bring together.
- Transfer the contents to a pastry mat and gently bring together into a flat disc of approximately 1- 1.5 inch thickness.
- Divide the pastry into 8 equal parts.
- Stud the top with fresh strawberries.
- Use half a beaten egg to give the scones an egg wash.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter immediately after the scones come out of the oven.
- In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, water and lemon extract. Add more or less water to get the desired flowy, glaze consistency.
- Drizzle over the scones and enjoy!