Try this great recipe when you have people over for Easter! These tasty hand pies have the most delicious raspberry filling and the flaky texture is such a treat for adults and kids!
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING
- 2½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) + 2 tbsp butter, cold and cubed
- 4 tbsp ice water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for egg wash
- raw sugar, for sprinkling
- powdered sugar
- Square cookie cutter
- Easter stencils for powdered sugar
- Stir together flour, sugar and salt.
- Add butter and mix until the butter is pea-sized.
- Add ice water and mix until the dough comes together.
- Wrap dough in plastic and chill.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the frozen raspberries and ¼ cup of sugar.
- Once the raspberries defrost and the sugar dissolves, bring the temperature up to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the pectin and remaining ¼ cup sugar. Stir together to combine completely.
- Add the mixture to the raspberries.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and add Raspberry Swirl.
- Cool the jam before refrigerating it overnight. Chill it in an ice bath if using immediately.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out the dough to ⅛" thick.
- Cut it into squares.
- Brush egg wash on the edges.
- Fill centers of half the squares with jam.
- Cover each jam-filled square with another square. Press the edges together with a fork and pierce top to vent.
- Brush egg wash on the top of the pies and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Chill in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Dust cooled hand pies with powdered sugar or glaze with white icing.
- The jam will keep for one week in the refrigerator.
- Give them a spring theme with special stencils!
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved