While some people are still eating all the summer produce, we're ready to cozy up with our favorite Pumpkin Spice! (Mostly it's been hot and humid here and the cool crispness of fall would be a welcome respite.) We're kicking off this tastiest season with a special breakfast treat for National Waffle Day tomorrow, Pumpkin Spice Waffles. Pumpkin Spice Compound is the perfect way to add all those warming pie spices to your favorite waffle mix and a drizzle of sweet Maple Syrup is the ideal finishing touch. Makes about 8 waffles.
- ¼ cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup water or milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp Amoretti® Pumpkin Spice Compound
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- whipped cream
- pumpkin seeds
- Amoretti® Maple Syrup
- waffle iron
- Preheat waffle iron to medium heat.
- Whisk together pumpkin purée, water or milk, oil, and Pumpkin Spice Compound.
- Whisk in Flapjack & Waffle Mix until combined.
- Cook recommended amount (usually ¼-⅓ cup per waffle well) until golden and crisp (refer to your waffle iron's instruction manual for timing).
- Top with whipped cream, pumpkin seeds, and Maple Syrup.