Tender pumpkin cake wrapped around vanilla-flecked cream cheese icing. Does it get any better than this?
- 1½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Amoretti® Natural Vanilla Bean Artisan Flavor
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1½ tsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- generous pinch salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- ⅔ cup canned pure pumpkin
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Natural Pumpkin Pie O.S. Extract
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- powdered sugar, for rolling and dusting (optional)
- 15" x 10" x 1" sheet pan
- Beat together yogurt, Vanilla Bean Artisan, cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper. Grease with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Use a mixer on high speed to beat egg yolks until thick and frothy.
- Add pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie Extract, and ½ cup sugar. Beat until sugar is almost dissolved.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites into soft peaks, then gradually add remaining sugar, beating into stiff peaks.
- Fold egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture.
- Gently fold dry ingredients into wet and spread into pan. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until cake springs back with light pressure. Cool 5 minutes.
- Turn cake onto a clean towel dusted with powdered sugar. Gently peel parchment paper from back of cake. Roll cake jellyroll style, starting with a short end. Cool completely.
- Unroll cake and spread filling evenly to within ½ inch of edges. Re-roll.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm (up to 3 months). Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve in slices.