This one goes out to all you pumpkin dessert lovers who just cannot get on board with pumpkin pie. We got you covered.
As thanksgiving slowly approaches, the one thing on everyone's mind (probably just ours) is what's on the dessert menu?!
The options are endless!
Unfortunately, there's always that one person in the family who gets tasked with bringing the dessert. And they always bring one thing that never works for everyone: pumpkin pie.
Look, we said what we said. This is a highly controversial take, but not everyone loves pumpkin pie.
Maybe its the taste, maybe it's the consistency, or maybe it's the fact that it's baked, yet it doesn't feel like it is. You know?
We're all about finding what works for everyone without skimping on the flavor.
Which is why we crafted the most delicious Pumpkin Pie Cake that everyone is sure to love. Topped with a orange zest cream cheese frosting and the cutest, pumpkin spiced flavored pumpkins, this cake is going to be a MAJOR crowd pleaser.
We can feel it.
It's got something everyone will love.
The secret ingredient(s):
Our Amoretti® Natural Pumpkin Pie Water Soluble Extract.
It's sweet, spicy, and tastes like the whole pie--without the weirdness we've been talking about. Trust, we got you.
The addition of this extract just takes the cake to a whole other level. We're not sacrificing flavor here.
Paired with our orange zest buttercream, you're going to lose your mind over how good this tastes.
Oh! Let's say you want more spice than you do pumpkin. No worries! Just switch out the Amoretti® Natural Pumpkin Pie Water Soluble Extract for our Amoretti® Natural Pumpkin Spice Artisan Flavor Paste.
We've tried this, and can confirm, it's just as good.
Luckily, you only need a few things to whip this guy up!
Oh and did we mention that this cake is also gluten-free and dairy-free? So now literally any and everyone can enjoy a slice of pumpkin heaven.
Get ready for the best, most fluffy and moist cake of your life!
For the pumpkin cake:
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Pumpkin Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan; set aside.
- Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Whisk until combined and all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Pour cake batter into your prepared pan and level with the back of a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Add room temperature cream cheese and room temperature butter to a stand mixer mixing bowl.
- Beat on medium speed with an electric beater until smooth and creamy. Add in powdered sugar one cup at a time, alternating with the milk. Add in remaining powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and Amoretti® Orange Zest Water Soluble Extract. and continue to mix until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Cover the cake with half of the frosting. With remaining frosting, add in the 1 teaspoon of Amoretti® Natural Pumpkin Spice Artisan Flavor Paste. Mix.
- If the orange color is to your liking. Place into a piping bag with a small, open star tip. If not, add some orange food color in until you're satisfied. We used about 3 drops.
- Once finsihed, remove the cake from the glass dish and slice into squares.
- With your orange frosting put in a piping bag, begin to pipe the pumpkins on top of your cake. (see the video above for further instruction)
- Add the pretzel stick stem and get ready to devour!