Need a signature sauce for those summer barbecue parties? Then try our favorite BBQ sauce, it's finger-licking good!
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté the onions until softened but not browned.
- Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, 30-45 seconds.
- Add tomato paste and heat through, breaking it up as you stir, to cook out the raw tomato taste.
- Once the tomato paste has heated through, add Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and the water and bring the sauce to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to a simmer and add Blue Agave Nectar, pomegranate molasses, Natural Irish Stout Beer Type Extract, Frank’s Hot Sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and whole grain mustard.
- Add brown sugar and stir until it is completely dissolved, then stir in grated ginger and salt.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for anywhere from 2-5 hours, until rich and thick.
- Coat the back of a spoon with the sauce and draw your finger through it. If the line doesn’t close up, the sauce is ready.
- To bring your barbecue together, grill whatever meat, poultry or seafood you have chosen, ensuring the proper internal temperature with an instant read thermometer.
- Once cooked, coat one side with the barbecue sauce and grill it, sauce side down, for 3 to 4 minutes, until the barbecue sauce begins to bubble.
- Slather the top side with barbecue sauce, turn it over, and grill for 3 or 4 minutes longer, again until the sauce begins to bubble. Watch carefully because sugar burns easily.
- Pomegranate molasses is available at Middle Eastern stores, online, or you can give us a call to order it at 1-800-266-7388.
- This sauce will keep for 1 week tightly covered in the refrigerator or for 3 months in the freezer.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved