Explore the rich flavor of the pistachio in this recipe. Even the filling has the delicious taste of pistachio!
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup Amoretti® Pistachio Flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon Water Soluble 2X
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup fine sugar
- ¼ cup egg white
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Pistachio Compound
- Sift together all purpose flour, Pistachio Flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Whip butter and sugar until light.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Alternate adding both flours and buttermilk, beginning and ending with flours.
- Chill mix for an hour.
- Pipe small circles onto parchment lined sheet pan.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 7-8 min., removing before tops brown.
- Combine sugar and egg whites in a bowl and place over double boiler on low-medium heat.
- Whisking, heat to 120°F, about 5 minutes, just to dissolve sugar.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and whisk on medium-high until soft peaks form.
- Add softened butter and Pistachio Compound and beat until smooth.
- Pipe a small amount of filling on one “cake” round and top with another.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.