Prepare to watch this loaf cake disappear! Our test kitchen team couldn't stop coming back for just one more bite. Makes 1 loaf.
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla W.S. 2X
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Natural Pistachio W.S. Extract
- 140 g Amoretti® Natural Pistachio Flour
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup sugar
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 325℉. Grease and line a standard loaf pan, set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until lightened in color.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl between each addition.
- Stir in milk, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, and Natural Pistachio Extract.
- Scrape down the bowl. Add Natural Pistachio Flour, flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Bake 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing parchment. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare pistachio topping.
- Add pistachios, sugar, zest, and lemon juice to a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Simmer for 2-3 minutes then pour over cooled cake.
- Slice and serve!