Pistachio is one our favorite ice cream flavors and our Pistachio Butter Artisan makes it incredibly simple to get that delicious pistachio flavor!
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk and cream. Warm until foam forms around the edges. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until combined.
- Gradually pour the warm milk into the egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Return mixture to saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of the spoon.
- If small egg lumps begin to show, remove from heat immediately. Stir in Pistachio Butter Artisan until well combined.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve or fine strainer into a bowl. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve or fine strainer again, into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add the shaved chocolate or chocolate chips during the last 3 minutes. Transfer to a sealed container, and freeze until firm.
- If the ice cream is too firm, place it in the refrigerator until it reaches the desired consistency.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved