Make a classic summer recipe shine brighter with the Amoretti® touch. The fresh burst of flavor from our Pineapple Extract amps up this cake to a whole different level.
- 10 oz. or 8-10 Canned or Fresh Pineapple Rings
- 12-15 Maraschino Cherries
- ½ Stick or ¼ cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup or 56 gm Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup or 113 gm Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup or 210 gm Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tsp. Amoretti® Pineapple Extract Water Soluble
- 200 gm or 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour or Cake/Pastry Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ cup or 120 ml Milk
- 2 Tbsp. or 50 ml Sour Cream
- Take an 8" tall cake pan and drop in the melted butter and brown sugar. Brush melted butter on the side of the pan and mix brown sugar and butter and layer it evenly at the bottom of the pan.
- Place the pineapple rings on top of it along with the cherries in a pattern of your liking. Set aside the cake pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix with a fork or whisk and keep aside.
- Likewise, mix together the milk and sour cream and set aside.
- In another bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, drop in the butter and cream for a few minutes using a stand mixer or a hand mixer.
- Add the granulated white sugar and cream again until light and fluffy!
- Add in one egg at a time and mix to combine.
- Add the Pineapple extract and bring everything together by folding or beating with the mixer.
- Alternate the dry (flour mix) and wet (milk mix) ingredients into the creamed batter. Scrape down the sides and give a final mix.
- Transfer to the cake pan, give the pan a couple of taps on the counter to release air bubbles and bake until the top gets golden brown. Add an aluminum foil wrap on top of the cake pan and continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. (approximately 50-60 minutes).
- Cool on the counter until not warm to the touch. Over turn onto a serving plate or cake stand.
- Brush with an Amoretti® syrup of choice and serve away!