Add some pickled vegetables to your sandwich to bring out all the flavors or you can simply have them as a snack! Our favorite way to enjoy these pickles is as part of an epic cheese board, that sharp tang perfectly balances rich cheese and cured meats.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- ½ cup Amoretti® Blue Agave Nectar Clear
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Fennel Oil Extract O.S.
- 1 tbsp mustard seed
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 3 tbsp cauliflower florets
- 3 pearl onions
- ½ cucumber; peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2-3 mini red and yellow bell peppers
- 3 radishes, halved or quartered (optional)
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 quart mason jars with lids
- Bring water, vinegar, Blue Agave Nectar, sugar, and salt to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat, stir in Fennel Oil Extract and let cool.
- Divide mustard seed, garlic, and vegetables evenly between the jars.
- Pour cooled brine over the vegetables and add two thyme sprigs to each jar.
- Seal the jars and chill for 3 days prior to eating.
- These will remain fresh in the refrigerator for about 2 months.