Individual Dutch babies make a special breakfast or a light dessert, perfect for any occasion!
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar, plus extra for pan
- ½ cup bread flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon W.S. 2X
- ½ cup Amoretti® Blueberry Syrup
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and drained
- ¼ tsp Amoretti® Lemon Zest Oil Extract O.S.
- powdered sugar, optional
- mint sprigs, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray the cups of a muffin pan with cooking spray and dust the cups with granulated sugar. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the eggs and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- In a second bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Continue to beat the egg and sugar mixture while adding the milk and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and continue to beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Fill the cups of the prepared muffin tin about ⅓ full with batter.
- Bake 13-16 minutes or until the edges of the petite Dutch babies are golden brown.
- Cool the petite Dutch babies on a wire rack for 2 minutes.
- While the Dutch babies bake, combine Blueberry Syrup, blueberries, and Lemon Zest Oil Extract in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat until warmed through, stirring constantly, then set aside to cool.
- Once the petite Dutch babies have cooled for two minutes, remove them from the muffin tin and place them on a serving platter.
- Spoon a generous portion of the sauce into the center of each.
- Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with a sprig or two of mint, if desired.