You've made a delicious dessert, but something is missing. Add that extra touch of sweetness with our Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Cremeux! It perfectly combines chocolate and peppermint for a deliciously creamy dessert. Spoon it over ice cream, cakes, pies, and dip cookies in it! Or just eat it straight. Whatever you do with it, it'll be a hit! Watch our video and check out the recipe!
- Put chocolate in a medium bowl, place a sieve over the rim, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream to a gentle boil.
- Pour a bit of hot cream into the yolk and sugar mixture and whisk quickly, then add the rest of the cream, whisking constantly.
- Return mixture to the saucepan and place over medium heat, stirring and scraping constantly so the eggs do not scramble.
- Once the mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, pour through the sieve onto the chocolate.
- Stir gently to incorporate.
- Now fold in the Amoretti® Chocolate Peppermint Natural Cookie Spread.
- Pour into desired dishes, and chill until set.
Serve as-is or garnish with a little peppermint whipped cream using Amoretti® Peppermint Extract.