This recipe is for all the cookie lovers! Healthy cookies packed with flavor!
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp Amoretti® Blue Agave Nectar Light
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon 2X W.S.
- 1¼ tsp Amoretti® Pear Extract W.S.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup (about 5) dried figs, diced
- 1 cup oats
- 3-4 fresh figs, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cream together brown sugar, butter, and Blue Agave Nectar.
- Add the egg and mix, scraping the bowl once or twice.
- Add Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and Pear Extract. Mix to combine.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon and baking powder together and add them, mixing on a low speed to combine.
- Fold in dried figs and oats. Mix just until they are combined, do not over mix.
- Scoop onto a sheet pan and top with a thin slice of fresh fig and flatten slightly with your hand.
- Chill for 10 minutes before baking in a 300°F oven for 20 minutes, rotating the sheet pan after 10 minutes.
- Yield: 12-15 cookies, depending on the size of the scoop.
- If you are not baking the cookies right away, place scoops on a sheet pan. It's alright if they touch each other, you can always move them before baking. Wait to add fresh fig slices until just before baking. Cover and either freeze or chill until ready to use. The unbaked cookies will keep for 7 days in the refrigerator.