Pavlova is an excellent summer dessert! We added a hint of delicate orange flavor with our Natural Orange Extract which sets off the fresh mixed berries perfectly. And Raspberry Swirl is the perfect finishing touch! For a real showstopper, try dividing the meringue into 2 large disks then proceed with assembly. Makes eight 3½" layered pavlovas.
- 6 egg whites, room temperature (about ¾ cup)
- pinch salt
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar, plus more for bowl
- ¼ tsp Amoretti® Natural Orange W.S. Extract
- 2½ tsp cornstarch
- 1½-2½ cups mixed berries
- ¼ cup Amoretti® Raspberry Swirl
- 2 cups whipped cream (about 1 cup heavy cream, whipped to medium peak)
- 3½" round cookie cutter
- large pastry bag fitted with #806 ateco tip
- Preheat the oven to 180℉.
- Wipe mixer bowl and whisk attachment with a vinegar-dampened paper towel.
- Whip egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar on medium speed to soft peak.
- With mixer running, rain in sugar very slowly.
- Continue whipping for about 3-6 minutes, until whites are stiff and smooth. Rub the meringue between your fingers, there should be no grit from the sugar. If you feel sugar, whip a couple of minutes more.
- Add vinegar and Natural Orange Extract, mixing to incorporate.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and sift the cornstarch over the bowl. Fold in cornstarch with a rubber spatula.
- Use cookie cutter to draw 16 circles on parchment paper, turn parchment over and place onto a sheet pan.
- Pipe circles of meringue onto the parchment, beginning in the center and working towards the outside.
- Bake for 1¾-2 hours. Do not open the oven! (If they begin to brown, reduce oven temperature 10 degrees and continue baking without opening oven.)
- Turn off the oven and let the Pavlova sit for 40-60 minutes or overnight without opening the oven door.
- The Pavlova should lift off the parchment easily. If they do not, bake again for 20-30 minutes and let cool.
- Place berries and Raspberry Swirl in a bowl, stirring gently to combine.
- Pipe whipped cream around the outer edge of one meringue disc.
- Set a few raspberries on top of the cream around the edge, to hold up the next layer.
- Place a spoonful of berries in the center and drizzle with Raspberry Swirl.
- Top with another meringue disc and repeat the whipped cream, raspberries, mixed berries, and Raspberry Swirl.
© 2019 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved