Recipe contributed by Zainab Illyas of Zais Dessererty
If you enter the contest using this recipe make sure to tag Zainab on the post. @ZaisDessertery on Twitter and Instagram. @zaisdesserteryinc on Facebook
Makes about 8 cupcakes*
Passion Fruit Vanilla Cupcakes
- 125g all-purpose flour
- 125g granulated sugar
- 125g softened unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Passion Fruit Extract
Passion Fruit Ganache
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp Amoretti® Passion Fruit Artisan
Passion Fruit Buttercream
- 8oz softened unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar.
- 3-4 Tbsp of Amoretti® Passion Fruit Artisan
- Two drops of gel food color
DIRECTIONS FOR CUPCAKES:
*preheat oven to 350° F
- In a standard mixer, beat softened unsalted butter and sugar for 5-8 minutes until pale, light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixer bowl and add the two extracts and continue beating for about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time into the butter and sugar mix.
- Stir in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, starting and ending with the flour.
- Beat the batter for about 10-20 seconds until incorporated. Do not over beat.
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners and scoop in a standard ice cream scoop full of cake batter into each liner.
- Bake at 350° F for 15-20 minutes or until the cupcakes have risen and are lightly golden brown.
- Cool the cupcakes.
DIRECTIONS FOR GANACHE:
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate and cream whisking occasionally until smooth.
- Take the ganache off the heat and pour in the Passion Fruit Artisan.
- Stir the ganache until incorporated and put a layer of cling wrap directly on the surface of the ganache and let it cool to room temperature.
DIRECTIONS FOR BUTTERCREAM:
- Beat softened unsalted butter in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar while the mixer is on low speed.
- Pour in the Passion Fruit Artisan
- Whip the frosting for about a minute until light and fluffy.
FILLING & FROSTING THE CUPCAKES
- Once the cupcakes have cooled poke a hole in the center of each cupcake with a round piping tip.
- Pipe the ganache into the centers.
- Frost the cupcakes with passion fruit buttercream