Caramel is delicious. It’s a favorite all by itself, but it’s also delicious in baked goods and used as a topping for treats, ice creams, and so much more. So, what’s better than homemade caramel? Homemade Passion Fruit Caramel, of course!
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Amoretti® Passion Fruit Marbleizing Swirl
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- Whisk together the water and Passion Fruit Swirl.
- Warm the cream in a microwave for 1 minute.
- Dry caramelize the sugar to a reddish brown.
- Wearing a glove to avoid a steam burn, deglaze the sugar by adding the Passion Fruit Swirl and water mixture.
- Add the warmed cream and continue whisking until fully mixed.
- Boil on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, to 142°F or 62°C. Stir to help cool.
- Add butter, whisking to emulsify.
- If you are not using the caramel immediately, let cool before placing in a covered container in the refrigerator.