What would Saint Patrick's Day be without a vibrant green dessert? Try this tropical ice cream pie for something deliciously different!
- 3 cups ginger snaps (about ½ box)
- 7 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 qt. vanilla ice cream
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp green food color
- 1¼ tsp Amoretti® Pandan Extract W.S.
- 2 cups cream
- 10 pandan leaves, bruised and cut into 1” strips
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Pandan Extract W.S.
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- handful mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp lime zest
- Pulse ginger snaps in a food processor until fine.
- Combine with the melted butter until fully mixed.
- Press into a deep dish pie dish and freeze for 15 minutes until firm.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat vanilla ice cream until smooth.
- Add lime zest and food color. Mix to combine.
- Pour this mixture into the crust, swirl in Pandan Extract and smooth with a spatula.
- Freeze for 6 hours.
- Place cream and pandan leaves in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and chill until cold, about an hour.
- Strain pandan leaves from cream.
- Whip the cream and the powdered sugar to soft peak and add Pandan Extract.
- Smooth whipped cream over the frozen ice cream pie.
- Garnish with chopped mint and lime zest.
Adapted from Donna Hay's Pandan Key Lime Icebox Pie.TIPS:
- You can also use Amoretti® Natural Green Food Color W.S, but the color will be more muted.