Our Nut & Seed Butter adds a great texture and is delicious, without the cloying sweetness of some traditional nut butters. So, experimenting with a few (delicious) test batches, our Cake Batter Extract replaced an entire ½ cup of sugar and gave the perfect amount of sweetness to this protein-packed treat. Our dark chocolate Dragées are such a great addition; their shells stay intact and add a special crunch along with the familiar pockets of melty chocolate. For maximum enjoyment, Amoretti's Nut & Seed Butter has no peanuts, no additives, and no sugar! Makes 2 dozen cookies.
- Cream butter, sugar, and Nut & Seed Butter together until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, followed by Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and Cake Batter Extract.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to fully incorporate.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients in two parts, scraping sides of the bowl between additions and being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in cherries and French Chocolate Dragees.
- Refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight for the best tasting cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized balls onto lined pan (cookies will expand slightly, so leave a couple of inches between dough balls) and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes and then transfer to a wire track to cool completely.
© 2019 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved