Try this berry sauce drizzled over pound cake, folded into whipped cream, or served with flourless chocolate cake!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- ½ pint fresh blackberries
- ½ pint fresh raspberries
- ½ pint fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 heaping tbsp seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the berries are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the berry mixture to a blender or food processor, add the raspberry preserves and lemon juice and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.