These sweet and citrusy treats make the perfect snack or healthier sweet treat option. The best part...you don't even need an oven to make these bites! Just a blender or food processor! Made with dates, walnuts, pinch of salt, Amoretti® Blanched Almond Flour (extra fine) and Meyer Lemon Extract, these babies are one you don't want to miss out on!
What makes this healthier treat such a standout is the Meyer Lemon Extract. In case you didn't already know, regular lemons are incredibly acidic and sour. Meyer Lemon on the other hand, has a mellow, sweet flavor. In this recipe, you're going to get a lot less tart-ness and a whole lot more flavor. The natural sweetness of the dates and Meyer Lemon Extract make a really lovely combo.
The lemon flavor in this recipe is by no means intense. It's very delicate, if you want a more forward lemon flavor, we suggest either adding more Meyer Lemon Extract or cutting your vanilla extract in half. The vanilla is important to keep in this recipe as it just ever so slightly, lifts the lemon flavor.
- With your food processor or blender, blend the dates until they form a paste.
- In a separate blender or food processor, add all the dry ingredients and blend.
- Take your blended date paste and add it into your dry ingredients blender.
- Add the vanilla extract and Meyer Lemon extract and blend until incorporated.
- Your dough should be visibly loose, but sticky and pliable when touched/clumped together.
- Use a cookie scoop and roll ball with your hands until dough is finished.
- Feel free to top or roll your dough in some coconut shreds or sprinkles.