Simply the most indulgent recipe that you can easily make to wow your guests with it's finesse, flavor and aesthetic! This Millionaire's Short Bread is made with our flavor of the month, the Marshmallow Extract (water soluble) and is sure to impress!
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
Optional Garnish: dehydrated marshmallows and flakey Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Keep aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl using a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Drop in the egg yolk and mix to combine.
- Add the marshmallow extract and mix well.
- Add the flour and a pinch of salt and bring the dough together. Do not knead.
- Drop the dough into the prepped baking dish and press into the bottom to form an even layer. Smooth it out by pressing with a piece of parchment paper or your fingers.
- Bake at 350 F for about 15 minutes and you have a slightly golden color on top. Take it out and cool it on the counter.
- While the base bakes, make the caramel. In a saucepan, drop in all the ingredients, placing it over medium heat and keep whisking until everything is melted and bubbling. Stop once it starts coming off the sides of the pan.
- Pour onto the shortbread base and chill it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Melt the chocolate with the cream in the microwave in 20 second blasts until it is smooth and flowy. Pour it over the set caramel. (Can top with a sprinkle of flakey sea salt at this point.) Leave it to solidify at room temperature until done or in the fridge for an hour.
- Take it out, slice it up and serve! Enjoy.
- Optional: You can garnish each slice with a drizzle of melted chocolate and a sprinkle of mini dehydrated marshmallows!