County Fair Week continues with our own very special addition to the canon of popcorn: Marshmallow Caramel Corn! Sweet, salty, sticky, stretchy, and just a little crunchy; imagine rice crispy treats made with caramel corn and enhanced with our Marshmallow Compound. Kettle corn has nothing on this! Makes 12-15 servings.
- 1 bag microwave popcorn, popped
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp light corn syrup
- 20 standard marshmallows
- ¼ cup Amoretti® Marshmallow Compound
- Pour popped popcorn into a very large bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Add brown sugar and corn syrup and cook, stirring continuously, until bubbling and dark brown.
- Add the marshmallows and Marshmallow Compound and stir until the marshmallows are completely dissolved.
- Pour the caramel mixture, while still hot, over the popcorn. Use two long spoons to toss the mixture, coating all the popcorn.
- Spread the caramel corn on a large sheet tray to harden and dry.
- Once set, break apart and enjoy!
© 2019 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved