As we head into the cozy months of Fall, try out these amazing Natural Artisan Flavors (Toasted Marshmallow, Crema Di Caramel and Vanilla Bean Artisan) in a layered cake and get mind blown at how wonderfully they pair with each other! It's a baker's dream for sure!
For Butterscotch sauce:
Caramel Cream Frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and the light brown sugar until creamy, light and fluffy.
- Drop in the eggs one at a time and mix to combine.
- Add the Toasted Marshmallow Artisan flavor and mix.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate the dry ingredients with the buttermilk and mix it into the batter in batches.
- Transfer the batter to an 8 x 8 inch square pan or pan of choice that can hold the similar quantity and bake in the preheated oven at 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on the counter and prepare the butterscotch sauce and the frosting in the time being.
- For the sauce, melt all the ingredients in a saucepan and take it off the heat when it starts to bubble and thicken. Cool down in the fridge until ready to use.
Caramel Cream Frosting:
- In a bowl, cream together the whipped cream with the powdered sugar until you get stiff peaks.
- Fold in the Caramel Artisan and gently mix to combine. Transfer to a piping bag and keep it ready for assembly.
- Divide the square cake in two and slice through the middle of each part, so that you have four different layers. (P.S: you can also trim the sides of the cake to make it neater before dividing it up.)
- Place one layer of the sponge on a cake board or platter and pipe a layer of frosting. Drizzle a layer of butterscotch syrup on top and sprinkle butterscotch chips over it. (optional). Seal with a layer of frosting.
- Place another layer of cake sponge on top and repeat the process. Keep layering until you have three or four layers assembled (according to preference).
- Pipe the frosting on all sides of the cake and smooth it out. Chill in the fridge for a couple of minutes and then frost the top of the cake with the leftover frosting in any design of your choice using a piping tip.
- Chill again for 15-20 minutes in the fridge before slice and serving.
Serving Tip: Drizzle each slice with a bit of Amoretti® Crema Di Caramel Syrup or the left over butterscotch syrup while serving!