No time to proof and double proof and finally fry up some donuts? Grab this really easy recipe to make some super cool, baked Marshmallow Cake Donuts and you won't be disappointed! Our flavor of the month, Marshmallow Extract gives these yummy treats a very distinctive pop of flavor!
- 1 cup cake flour or all-purpose flour
- ½ Tbsp. Corn starch
- ¼ Tsp. Baking soda
- ¼ Tbsp. white granulated sugar
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 Tsp Amoretti® Marshmallow Water Soluble Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients, including the flour, corn starch, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and granulated sugar. Keep aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients, including the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter together.
- Drop the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add the Marshmallow extract and give a final mix.
- Transfer it into silicon or nonstick donut tray sprayed generously with baking spray. This is a small batch recipe and makes about six to eight per batch.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a skewer or toothpick inserted into the center of it comes out clean. Cool on the counter.
- For the glaze, mix all the ingredients together until it is smooth and flowy without lumps.
- Dunk each cooled donut in the glaze and tap off the excess glaze. Immediately drop on some fall themed sprinkles and leave it on a wire rack to dry. Serve when the glaze has dried. Enjoy!