As the summer sun graces us with its warm embrace, there's no better time to indulge in a Mango Coconut Cake! This delightful treat perfectly captures the essence of summer flavors and will elevate any get-together.
The cake base features our Mango Extract as well as fresh diced mango and the frosting is rich and smooth made with cream cheese enhanced with Coconut Cream Extract and topped with toasted coconut. This dreamy combo is a match made in tropical heaven!
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Mix butter and sugar together until creamed and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time then follow with sour cream, vanilla and mango extract and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl, mix to combine, then add to the butter mixture until combined.
- With a spatula, gently fold in the diced mango.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake in oven for 50-55 minutes until golden, and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Once baked all the way through, allow to cool completely on a baking rack.
- Place coconut shreds on a baking sheet and stick in the already warmed over stirring every 2 minutes until toasted.
- Place the cream cheese and half the butter into a bowl and mix well, add the other half the butter and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and coconut cream extract and mix until completely combined (don't over mix or the frosting will be to soft to work with, if this happens place in the fridge until it firms to desired consistency).
- Once the cake has cooled, frost your loaf cake and add toasted coconut shreds on top.