You'll be instantly transported to a tropical paradise when you sip this delicious cocktail! Makes 1 very strong drink; but you knew that already, didn't you?
- juice of 1 medium-sized lime
- 1 pump Amoretti® Rock Candy Syrup
- 1 pump Amoretti® Almond Orgeat Syrup
- ½ fl oz orange curaçao
- ¾ fl oz gold rum
- ½ fl oz 151 rum
- ½ fl oz dark rum, to float
- pineapple slice
- lime slice
- maraschino cherry
- Combine lime juice, Rock Candy and Almond Orgeat Syrups, curaçao, gold rum, and 151 rum into a shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously to chill.
- Pour contents into glass or strain over crushed ice.
- Float dark rum on top.
- Garnish with pineapple, lime, and cherry.
- 151 rum is a high proof rum (151 proof in fact), it adds an extra kick to our Mai Tai. For comparison, most rums run about 70-80 proof.