Lemon Thyme Bars are a refreshing treat, perfect for picnics and afternoon treats!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ cup sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Thyme Oil Extract O.S.
- 4 lemons, zest and juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add flour and salt, mixing just until combined.
- Press into a 9×13 baking sheet, building the dough up on the sides.
- Dock the dough and bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Let cool completely.
- Whisk eggs and sugar.
- Add flour and whisk to combine.
- Scrape down the bowl and add Thyme Oil Extract, lemon zest and juice. Mix well.
- Pour into cooled crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 min.
- Cool completely before chilling at least 1 hour.
- Dust with powdered sugar immediately before serving.