Recipe contributed by Janani Elavazhagan of Skillet to Plate
If you enter the contest using this recipe make sure to tag Janani on the post. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter: @skillettoplate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Amoretti® Natural Lemon Artisan Flavor
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 large egg room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350f.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy for good 5 mins.
- Add in the egg, Amoretti lemon extract, Amoretti vanilla extract, and poppy seeds.
- Beat well for two mins scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour in batches and just mix until all combined. Do not overbeat or overmix.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a spritz cookie maker follow the instruction given in the package to make the cookies or you could use your favorite stamp cookie mold to give shapes or just roll them up and flatten them a bit. Anything would work.
- Bake them for 15 mins till the bottom of the cookies turns brown.
- Let them cool in the baking sheet for ten minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.