Make this easy, breezy, summery Lemon Cake to snack on, frost and take to a party or to share with your guests, using our Natural Lemon Artisan.
- 200 gm or 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour or Cake/Pastry Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ cup or 120 ml Milk (room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp. or 50 ml Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup or 113 gm Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup or 210 gm Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tbsp. flavorless oil
- 2 Tbsp. Amoretti® Natural Lemon Artisan
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix with a fork or whisk and keep aside.
- Likewise, mix together the milk and sour cream and set aside.
- In another bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, drop in the butter and cream for a few minutes using a stand mixer or a hand mixer.
- Add the granulated white sugar and cream again until light and fluffy!
- Add in one egg at a time and mix to combine.
- Alternate the dry (flour mix) and wet (milk mix) ingredients into the creamed batter. Scrape down the sides and give a final mix.
- Add the Lemon Artisan and bring everything together by folding or beating with the mixer on the lowest setting.
- Transfer to an 8 x 8 inch square pan or 9 x 13 inch sheet pan or 9 inch round pan, give the pan a couple of taps on the counter to release air bubbles and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean (35-40 minutes).
- Cool on the counter until not warm to the touch.
- You can frost the cake with buttercream or whipped cream or cream cheese frosting.
- Also, candied lemon slices can be used to pep up the look of the cake.
Note: Candied Lemon Slices:
- Boil 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar in a frying pan or shallow sauce pan.
- Once the water starts boiling, bring the heat down and keep the syrup simmering.
- Drop in sliced lemons. Do not over crowd or double layer.
- Also, add a drop of yellow food coloring to give the candied lemons a bright yellow hue.
- Keep simmering for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the lemon slices become translucent.
- Transfer the slices carefully to a wire rack and air dry. You can use it as a garnish for baked treats and beverages or simply to snack on.