"There are few things I love more than a bright white buttercream, but I refuse to sacrifice taste to achieve the look… and now I don’t have to! This buttercream uses real butter and vanilla, mascarpone, and Amoretti’s delicious butterscotch sauce for unbelievable flavor, and Amoretti’s white food coloring for a gorgeous final result! The cake itself is a vanilla and butterscotch cake. You can use your favorite vanilla cake (or even a cake mix!) as long as you have Amoretti’s butterscotch sauce, you will have an unforgettable holiday cake!" - Kait W
VANILLA AND BUTERSCOTCH CAKE
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 6 tbsp. Amoretti® Butterscotch Dessert Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8oz mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup Amoretti® Butterscotch Dessert Sauce
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Snow White Food Color
VANILLA AND BUTTERSCOTCH CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and line 3 six-inch cake pans.
- In a stand mixer, add all four eggs. Mix on low speed for a few minutes until light yellow and slightly foamy. Increase mixer speed to high and slowly pour in hot melted butter. Add the butter slowly so that your eggs do no scramble. Reduce mixer speed to medium. With mixer running, add the milk, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Turn off mixer and add flour, sugar, and baking powder. Mix until just combined.
- Split the batter between the prepared pans. Bake 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- With cakes still warm, poke the tops all over with a fork. Spoon 2 tablespoons of Amoretti® Butterscotch Dessert Sauce over each cake and spread out. Allow cakes to fully absorb the sauce and cool completely.
- Beat butter and mascarpone together until light and fluffy. Slowly add in powdered sugar. Once sugar is fully combined, add in Amoretti® Butterscotch Dessert Sauce.
- Beat on high until fluffy. Buttercream should be beige in color
- Add in 1 teaspoon of Amoretti® Snow White Food Color, and beat until buttercream is fluffy and brilliant white.
TO ASSEMBLE CAKE:
- Layer buttercream in between cake layers.
- Cover with buttercream and use an offset spatula to smooth out.
- Use a piping tip to add swirls of buttercream around the top, and finish with gold sprinkles for a festive White Christmas look!